Professional Tennis Management
The USTA’s professional tennis management (PTM) program is a great addition to a four-year bachelor’s degree. Students with focus areas in hospitality, sports management and exercise science will find that the PTM program enhances their education and provides much added value to their degree. After completing the PTM program, students can pursue careers in tennis event and facility management, technology, marketing, and business. There are more opportunities to work in the tennis industry than ever before
Professional Tennis Management Colleges
There are currently 11 professional tennis management programs in colleges nationwide.
- Berry College
- University of Central Florida
- Ferris State University
- Hope College
- Manhattanville College
- Methodist University
- Tyler Junior College
- Bridgewater State University
- Ohio University
- San Diego State University
- Continuing Education Program
- Queens College-CUNY
Professional Tennis Management Internship
The intern role will allow you to play an active role within Chris Lewit Tennis Academy Club. The role is diverse and you will be working closely with Chris Lewit and CLTA staff to develop your knowledge of tennis and your ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team. The role will provide a supplementary development opportunity to enhance your employability skills.
- Gain experience relating to the practical skills and knowledge of providing tennis support to a range of abilities from junior to performance athletes.
- Expert advice and mentoring to develop your understanding of tennis
- Reflective practice
- Gain transferable skills to enhance your employability
Duties and Responsibilities
- Being part of a mentoring program and working with a team of interns, actively engaging in tennis events, coaching workshops and group meetings.
- Shadowing and supporting the coaching staff in session preparation and delivery
- A commitment of shadowing and supporting coaching staff during tennis sessions
- Completion of a reflective log to continually reflect and evaluate on progress and experiences
- Delivery, review and evaluation of coaching tennis sessions
- First or second year undergraduate student
- Interest in sport with a specific interest in tennis with a focus on tennis coaching.
- Motivated, well-organised students willing to learn and develop themselves
- Experience of volunteering in sport (desirable)
- Experience of playing tennis (desirable)
Next Step and Application
For further information about the Chris Lewit Academy Tennis Internship, please contact Chris at Chris@ChrisLewit.com.