The Prodigy Maker Show - New Episodes!
Is It Healthy To Instagram My Tennis Kid? – Prodigy Maker Show Episode 67
It’s a hot topic in the high-performance junior world: Is it healthy to Instagram your tennis kid? Chris wades into the debate. On the show, he discusses the positives and negatives of featuring a child’s tennis on social platforms.
Chris analyzes the following topics:
- The different levels of social media sharing: Casual, Proud Parent, and Social Influencer
- The risks associated with each level of sharing
- Is it ethical to try and monetize your kid’s tennis?
- What are some of the common ways parents can monetize the success of their tennis kid on social?
- The crazy world we live in where everything is filmed, photographed, and put online
- What would Toni Nadal say about Instagramming a kid’s tennis?
- The safest way to share a kid’s tennis on socials with the least risk
- Should your child be plugged into social media posts or kept in the dark?
- How this age of tech has spawned a new type of tennis influencer parent
- Why we shouldn’t be quick to judge some parents for attempting to brand and monetize their kid
Who is Chris Lewit?
Chris Lewit is a former number one for Cornell and pro-circuit player. He is a high-performance coach, educator, and the author of two best-selling books:
- The Secrets of Spanish Tennis
- The Tennis Technique Bible
He has coached numerous top 10 nationally-ranked players and is known for his expertise in building the foundations of young prodigies. Chris is currently working towards an advanced degree in Kinesiology/Exercise Science with a focus on Biomechanics. Chris coaches in NYC and year-round at his high-performance tennis academy in Manchester, Vermont, where players can live and train the Spanish Way full-time or short-term.