SWIATEK, NADAL, DJOKOVIC AND THE WESTERN FOREHAND - Prodigy Maker Show Episode 74
In Episode 74 of the Prodigy Maker Show, Chris delves into the intriguing world of modern tennis grips, focusing on the Western Forehand grip structure that has become synonymous with the success of players like Iga Swiatek, Rafael Nadal, and Novak Djokovic.
- The rise of Swiatek, the first number 1 with a Western grip.
- The success of Djokovic and Nadal, with near-western grips.
- Should the parameters for acceptable grip structures be expanded?
- Is a Bevel 5 western grip workable in today’s modern game.
- Is a Bevel 6 western trip too extreme?
- Will the future of tennis be more extreme grips closer to Bevel 5?
- Advantages of the western grip
- Disadvantages of the western grip
- Myths about the western grip
- Advice for coaches and players regarding grips for the forehand
Read from our blog post: The Prodigy Maker Blog Episode 74
Listen to our podcast: SoundCloud - Prodigy Maker Show Episode 74
Elevate Your Game with SwingVision!
SwingVision: Learn - Play - Enjoy
Transform your tennis experience with SwingVision – the ultimate game-changer in player analysis!
Evaluate Your Game in Seconds:
Simply set up your iPhone, press record, and let our cutting-edge A.I. technology take care of the rest! No need for an internet connection – just pure, seamless performance evaluation.
Real-Time Tracking and Analysis:
Watch your game evolve as SwingVision tracks your shots in real-time. Dive into detailed statistics, shot placement, ball speed, and more!
Experience the pro journey with A.I. highlights and smart filters. Condense a two-hour match into 30 minutes, removing downtime between points. Share your progress and watch your game soar to new heights!
Track Progress Like Never Before:
Take control of your destiny with automated stats and scoring. Monitor shot types, win percentages, and more to achieve your goals faster than ever!
SPECIAL OFFER ALERT!
Unlock your potential today with SwingVision! Get an exclusive discounted subscription offer here:
Who is Chris Lewit?
Chris Lewit is a former number one for Cornell and pro-circuit player. He is a high-performance coach, educator, and the author of two best-selling books:
- The Secrets of Spanish Tennis
- The Tennis Technique Bible
He has coached numerous top 10 nationally-ranked players and is known for his expertise in building the foundations of young prodigies. Chris is currently working towards an advanced degree in Kinesiology/Exercise Science with a focus on Biomechanics. Chris coaches in NYC and year-round at his high-performance tennis academy in Manchester, Vermont, where players can live and train the Spanish Way full-time or short-term.