Photo of the week!
Congrats to superstar Elena Zaretsky for willing this national in Baton Rouge, LA.
Singles and doubles champ!
The Prodigy Maker Show - New Episodes!
The Prodigy Maker Show Episode 53: Bad Tennis Lessons
Chris discusses the myriad ways coaches give bad tennis lessons and helps parents and players to know what red flags to look out for.
Chris touches on the following topics
- Red flags in red, orange, green 10U group classes and privates. What to watch out for.
- Red flags everywhere:
- The 350 ball carts
- The pot-bellied coach!
- The technical only coach!
- The tactical only coach!
- Coaches who check their phone or worse
- And many more pitfalls found in bad tennis lessons!
Chris also discusses bad tennis camps and academies and shares a brief primer on what he sees as the worst offense in an academy or camp setting:
- Is the director on court working with players and overseeing coaches?
- Is the fitness serious and professional or a joke?
- What is the number of players in the camp and what is the coach/court to student ratio?
- And more insight!
Arm yourself with good knowledge from Chris to avoid bad tennis lessons, sessions, and camps!
Private Lessons - Vermont
Chris is running the academy program in Vermont from Monday through Saturday.
Upcoming UTR Event
The TEEN WORLD OPEN is the first ever "Teen Category" Open tournament in the history of tennis.
Just in case you missed previous episodes of The Prodigy Maker Show!
Who is Chris Lewit?
Chris Lewit is a former number one for Cornell and pro-circuit player. He is a high-performance coach, educator, and the author of two best-selling books:
- The Secrets of Spanish Tennis
- The Tennis Technique Bible
He has coached numerous top 10 nationally-ranked players and is known for his expertise in building the foundations of young prodigies. Chris is currently working towards an advanced degree in Kinesiology/Exercise Science with a focus on Biomechanics. Chris coaches in NYC and year-round at his high-performance tennis academy in Manchester, Vermont, where players can live and train the Spanish Way full-time or short-term.